Friday, December 28, 2012

In the Beginning ...

A while back I was seeing a Clinical Social worker about my inability to cope with my new job.  We talked openly about how I came from a creative background and the job I was employed at had all the creativity of a pile of Cow S#*t!  Over the course of two or three months we spoke at length about my creative rut and what I should do.  I told him that I thought I might want to start a blog.  It seemed harmless enough, except that it would mean that I would have to start to really explain myself to others.  He pushed me to make the decision to start this blog and each week I agreed that I would start that weekend.  That was 11 months ago.  I guess I'm ready now.  As in the title of this Blog I seem to have always been "Waiting for the Awful".  Even now I am wondering if by writing this I will offend someone to the point that they will no longer speak with me or that a potential employer will see me as a risk and won't hire me.  Over the next few weeks, months and maybe even years, I'll fill you in on my life as a Clinically Depressed person.  Some of you will know exactly what I am going through.  Some of you will be very sympathetic.  And some will never understand.  Go ahead and comment if you wish but know this.  I am not looking for pity.  I am using this as a tool to get better.  My family and friends deserve a better Michael and I am going to do my best to give it to them.  I will always try to look at this from a humorous angle but I'm sure there will be the occasional sad post or two.  Thanks for taking the journey.  Oh yeah.  Sometime I type faster than I think so a misspelling ,grammatic error or completely wrong word will appear.  See you soon. --- Dec. 28, 2012

3 comments:

  1. This is a great start Mike. Keep it coming, we are all rooting for you :)

    I am looking for my BW to return .....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful. Very brave of you. Although people shouldn't have to be brave to talk about depression. I'm looking forward to reading your blog, gaining insight and most of all, getting to know you even better. BTW, I think you're an awesome Michael. Love - P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I'm really liking the honesty in this blog! Love to hear more about your journey.

    ReplyDelete