Sunday, September 29, 2013

Foot In Mouth Disease

Some days you just can't help yourself.  You're feeling pretty good about yourself and you decide to crow.  I don't crow very often.  In the past, most days I didn't think much of myself.  I have always felt very uncomfortable with bragging.  We all know people who are more than willing to tell you that they are best thing since sliced bread. 

My last post I revealed that my doctor thought I might be A.D.D. and that I was likely highly intelligent.  Now, right after I posted that installment of this blog my wife read it and she looked at me with a very quizzical look.  She had not heard the doctor quite the same way I did.  What she heard was "Do you think your husband may be highly intelligent?"  Meaning ... if he is A.D.D. and he gets the proper meds his true potential could be realized.  Not ... Man this guy is smart.  I thought about it and begrudgingly had to admit that what I heard and what the doctor said maybe two different things.  I won't know until they decide to try meds and certainly there is a more than fifty-fifty chance that it won't make a bit of difference.

Bragging never pays.  Sooner or later you'll eat shoe leather.

1 comment:

  1. I think we all have tendency of A.D.D. There are days when I am focused and others days I cannot seem to get much done at all due to not being able to settle in on a direction that day. I believe it is just heing human during this day and age of having to juggle multiple priorities. Interesting that you say "...they decide to try meds". It is your decision Michael. You are the master of your own temple.

    ReplyDelete